The documentary style of photography relies heavily on building a relationship of trust between the photographer and the family. I will be asking you loads of questions about your loves and what you do together on a typical day in order to get to know you before you to invite me into your home to photograph your story. That being the case, I feel it’s only fair that I share a little bit about me and my loves.
- I was a single mum with really young kids for three years. While at the time it was pretty tough, it was a good wake up call and showed me that I am stronger and more grateful than I ever thought I could be.
- Our family mantra we live by is ‘Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life’. Try it – it helps you answer pretty much any question you have!
- I discovered real, soul-mate love for the first time at age 42
- My partner Jon and I have 6 kids between us who we love dearly and who also drive us bonkers most days
- I have a denim jeans obsession. (No honey, I’ve had these for aaaages)
- I am happiest in the ocean and I am challenging myself to do an 1km ocean swim event #maybenextyear
- I’m slowly filling our home with houseplants and plant stands (my other obsessions)
- I used to be a wildlife photographer for Queensland Parks & Wildlife
- I tried to be a hipster and love acai bowls but I just don’t. #toocold #tooold
Curious about ‘Documentary Family Photography? Ask me anything Click here